In modern medicine there is such a service as "Second Opinion", which is not quite renowned among patients in Russia. “Second Оpinion” is a service which involves obtaining an independent opinion of an expert or experts on physical condition of a patient according to existing data, physical examination, laboratory and diagnostic results.
Previously this service necessarily considered specialized medical consultation, but currently it has moved to the field of interests of the telemedicine, because modern technologies allow obtaining an expert opinion of medical professionals from any spot of the Earth after distance learning of patient’s medical records and digitized results of instrumental examinations and laboratory assessments.
The reasons to get a second opinion include:
- Your diagnosis is unclear.
- You've been told you have a rare or life-threatening condition.
- You have several medical problems.
- The recommended treatment is risky, controversial, or experimental.
- You have a choice of treatments or medical tests that vary widely in cost.
- You're not responding to a treatment as expected.
- You have lost confidence in your medical care provider.
- Your health plan requires a second opinion.
The relevance of Second Оpinion worldwide depends on several factors:
- first and foremost, the human one, after all, even physicians of the highest qualification can sometimes be mistaken;
- the presence of an atypical form of disease;
- the wide use of antibacterial and hormone drugs in food and cosmetic industries, in consequence of which the human body's response to the etiological factors changes significantly.
The "Second opinion" service at GVM International has a number of advantages:
- there is established cooperation between experts of all clinics managed by GVM International Inc.;
- diagnostic equipment in the network of all clinics meets the highest modern requirements and standards, so you can fully trust the accuracy of the results obtained;
- a wide range of diagnostic procedures and laboratory assessments gives an opportunity to get a comprehensive picture of patient’s physical condition;
- in case of necessity of morphological substrate of the pathological process’ studying, the clinic's specialists prepare and send a digitized image of microslide, which completely eliminates the risks that occur when sending material by post;
- for peer assessment there are the well proven in the global health community highly qualified professionals from Poland, France and Italy.
As a result, after careful and comprehensive study of:
- history of the disease
- life history
- patient’s family history
- data of physical examination
- the results of laboratory assessments
- conclusions made in the course of instrumental diagnostic procedures
- an expert makes diagnosis and prescribes the most effective treatment.
If necessary, the case conference is held, where physicians specializing in pathology revealed make final diagnosis and prescribe the most effective treatment regimen.